Thursday, April 3, 2014

Eat Your Vegetables!

I never really liked vegetables. As a child, my dad gave me extra portions of fruits to make up for the vegetables that I didn't eat. I'm not sure if the extra fruits actually gave me the vitamins that the vegetables would've given me, but I suppose eating more fruits didn't do me any harm, though I can't say the same for not eating vegetables. :P

Yakult Heath Foods has recently hit the shores of Singapore. I had the opportunity to try one of the products - the Maroyaka Kale. Maroyaka Kale is a rich and tasty green juice made of premium kale. Kale is a cruciferous vegetable which is considered an original species of cabbage and broccoli. It contains beta-carotene and is high in calcium, and is recommended to those who are concerned about their low vegetable consumption.




It is grown in Japan, harvested and transferred to Yakult Health Foods factory to be processed. The kale is cultivated without the use of chemical fertilisers or pesticides, and the final product contains no artificial colouring, flavouring or preservatives.

A box of Maroyaka Kale contains 30 sachets of Maroyaka Kale powder. Each serving individually packed for convenience. The powder is water-soluble and dissolves easily in cold water or cold milk.

Each sachet contains a single serving

I dissolved a packet in 100ml of cold milk, as recommended. The resulting drink is rather bitter, and it tastes a bit like green tea. And honestly, I much prefer drinking this than eating vegetables. I'm glad that there's now an alternative way of taking my vegetables.

Dissolve sachet in cold beverage

Dissolves easily in cold milk


In addition to Maroyaka Kale, Yakult Health Foods also carries other health supplements like glucosamine, collage, royal jelly and multi vitamins. The complete range of Yakult Health Foods are available at Guardian Pharmacy outlets with prices starting from $43.90 to $119.90. 

If you don't like eating vegetables, try drinking them instead!


Disclaimer: We were invited to the product launch by AT Marketing Consultancy and were provided with a month's supply of Maroyaka Kale for purposes of this review. All opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment