Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Beanstro Takashimaya

Ever since Nathan joined our family, we have been looking for family friendly places to dine. Other than serving up food that is suitable for children, the restaurant should also have sufficient numbers of high chairs for their little patrons. Child-sized plates &cutlery is a good to have, else teaspoons would do fine too. I consider colouring pages and crayons 'frills'. Thankfully, most establishments in Singapore are pretty family friendly by my standards. I can remember the few restaurants that do not have high chairs and we do not eat at these places anymore... at least not till both boys are old/tall enough to sit at the dining table without one.

Last Sunday, we were invited to try out Beanstro. Beanstro is a new American concept restaurant by The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf located at Takashimaya. We were served by Evangeline and Ida, and were delighted with their attention to detail. Ida went out of her way to 'entertain' my boys, and served up small treats like marshmallows and chocolates.



Child-sized plate & cutlery set
For starters, we shared the onion soup. The soup comes served with a small piece of cheese covered french loaf. Nathan loved it and requested for a second helping. 

For mains, Dean had a rib eye steak. The meat was tender and juicy and cooked to the level of doneness as requested.

Ribeye Steak
I had a seafood pasta. The seafood was fresh and succulent. The pasta sauce was a tad too spicy for me. I will come back again for the same dish, and probably request for the non spicy version.

Seafood Pasta
Nathan and Noah shared one serving of Salmon on skewers. The salmon was well marinated, came in small bite sized pieces, just right for the little ones. I would have preferred other sides like mashed potatoes instead of a salad and corn on a cob. That would have been easier for them to eat.

Salmon Skewers
The usual drinks that are served at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf are also served at Beanstro. Dean had his favourite mango tea and I shared the Sunrise Ice Blended with the boys. The Sunrise Ice Blended has been my all time favourite CBTL drink especially on a hot day. :)

Sunrise Ice Blended
Mucho Mango Tea
For desserts, we had a creme brûlée. It is my favourite dessert and usually my first choice if it existed on the dessert menu. I liked the diced strawberries instead of halved strawberries served by most establishments. Noah, who loves strawberries, ate up all the strawberries on my plate. He didn't quite fancy the creme brûlée though (he never really enjoyed creme brûlée the few times I let him try)... so I ate it all by myself. Smooth & creamy. Yums!

Creme Brûlée
Dean's all time favourite dessert is the Bread & Butter pudding. It is the first time he's tried the one at Beanstro, and he said that it is one of the best ones he's had. Coming from someone who's eaten Bread & Butter pudding from all over, I suppose it must be good!


Bread & Butter Pudding
Molten chocolate cakes are also one of our favourite desserts. This one is not too sweet, and just bitter enough for my liking. We found the inside a little too 'watery' though.


Molten Chocolate Cake
Overall, we enjoyed the dinner, and will probably come by again. 

There is another Beanstro outlet at Marina Bay Sands and the company has plans to open two more outlets.

Beanstro Takashimya is located at 391 Orchard Road #B1-37 Ngee Ann City Singapore 238872 Operating hours: Monday to Sunday 8am to 11pm


Disclaimer: We were invited to a complimentary food tasting at Beanstro. All opinions expressed in this post are my own. No monetary compensation was received.

No comments:

Post a Comment