Monday, February 22, 2010

On turning 30...

At 30, I am a very blessed wife and mommy. Thinking back, I remember that I've always wanted to get married and start a family of my own some time in my life. I didn't plan for it to happen by 30... there was no timeline for this plan of mine, but I suppose there isn't a better time for it.

I've done all the studying I need to do, gotten a pretty good job, spent a year in US (which in itself was a wonderful experience), bought my first property, married the man I love, given birth to my precious son. I've been showered with numerous blessings the past 30 years and I can't be more thankful. Moving ahead, I'll continue striving to be the Proverbs 31 woman. To be the perfect wife and mother.

Next week, I'll be going back to work after a 6 month break. I've spent almost every hour with Nathan ever since he was born. Such joy to be able to witness his growth, his development, his first smile, his first laugh, his first attempt at flipping over, sitting up, sucking his thumb. I enjoy reading to him, playing with him, bringing him out shopping. I know I'll miss his so much while I'm at work. It'll not be easy juggling full time work and motherhood. Dean and I have discussed this at great lengths, and we've decided that I'll go back to work when Nathan turns 6 months old. I'll try out this arrangement and we'll see how it works out. Am praying that I'll be able to find a good work-life balance.

Two are better than one... two plus baby makes three! I'm 30 this year. Next year, Nathan will sing me a birthday song and draw me a birthday card. Till then, I know I'll enjoy every moment of this new decade of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment