Saturday, September 12, 2009

First Day Home

Mom and babe were discharged in the afternoon after two nights in hospital.

We're so thankful that God has brought Nathan into our lives. Praise God the delivery was smooth even though I was close to giving up. Dean has been a really sweet husband and doting father. He has been most supportive. Have never seen this side of him - the fatherly side. He's taken on the role so naturally.

Felt rather emotional when it was time to be discharged. While Dean was settling the hospital bills, I was tearing in the ward. When in hospital, help was just a button away. Nathan cries, we can't figure out why; press the button and the nurse appears. Had difficulty breast feeding; press the button and the nurse appears. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to manage when we got home. I teared in the car on the way home too. Prayed that God will give me the strength and wisdom that I'd need to handle this responsibility.

The first night was rather difficult. After the second night feed, Nathan refused to settle. We tried soothing him, coaxing him to go back to sleep. He just wouldn't. Dean was real sweet. After we failed miserably at pacifying Nathan, he carried Nathan out of the room and asked me to get some sleep. Of course I couldn't get to sleep knowing that Nathan's crying. We weren't sure if he was crying cos he was hungry, uncomfortable or ??? He's been fed, diaper has been changed and everything seems to be right (at least to us). Dean managed to pacify him after awhile, and he slept for a bit, and woke up again. Figuring that he might be hungry because my milk hasn't come in, we decided to feed him the last bottle of Friso formula milk that we got from the hospital. I was feeling kinda disappointed about not being able to satisfy him with my milk. Dear God, I pray my milk will come in real soon, and that they'd always be enough milk for Nathan.

No comments:

Post a Comment