Thursday, September 25, 2014

Noah's First Prayer

We've always started and ended the day with prayer, ever since the boys were babies. Dean and I would get the boys to bow their heads, close their eyes, and we'd pray as a family. We thanked God for our food, we asked Him to keep dark clouds away, and we asked Him to help us with our difficulties...

A few days ago, as we were going about our bedtime routine, Noah (who's 3 years old) said he wanted to pray... And then he said...

Dear God, 
Thank you for protecting me and helping me not to do bad things so that I can go to Heaven.
In Jesus Name I pray,
Amen.

And there... at the end of a long tiring day, with Dean travelling the entire week, my heart was filled with so much thankfulness. The tiredness I felt wore away, and I knew we were doing something right. I hope that Noah will always remember that God hears our prayers.

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment