Saturday, July 7, 2012

Four is Way Better

For Dean... a loving husband and a doting father...
As I re-read my post on our first wedding anniversary 4 years ago, I am reminded of all the blessings that God has showered upon our family all these years, and I am filled with thankfulness.
It has been 5 years since we said our marriage vows, and now, I realise that not only is two better than one (Ecclesiastes 4:9-11), four is way better!
We went from this...
wedding kiss at the altar
To this...
basketful of kids
In the last 5 years, we moved into our first house, became parents twice over, witnessed first steps, heard first words uttered, shared lots of fun, joy, laughter... carried each other's burdens, shared each other's victories, agonised over difficult decisions, joined hands and hearts as we learnt to be good parents to Nathan & Noah. There were ups and downs... and I am just glad that we are on this journey together. Thanks love!

To mark this special day, I decided that we should do a family photo shoot... we had fun running around Marina Barrage and thanks to Steph Tan, we have these lovely photos to show.
blowing bubbles

blowing bubbles
our first born
happy
mommy and son
daddy and son
sitting on daddy's shoulder
brothers blowing bubbles
watching each other's back
sitting in a basket
father and sons
family
family
lying on the grass
marina barrage
Maybe we should do a photoshoot every year... :)
The boys' red little man's shirt is from Elly. Elly is a Singapore startup that is owned by two sisters. Elly sells dresses and shirts for the little people we love. I discovered them by chance when I won a Facebook giveaway, and was pleasantly surprised when I realised that one of the owners was actually an ex secondary schoolmate of mine.
I like their choice of fabrics... all the designs are oh-so-cute! Looking at their dresses made me wish that I had a daughter to dress up. Think it's nice to have the siblings in matching outfits. For the upcoming National Day celebrations in school, the boys are supposed to wear red and white. No prizes for guessing what they'll be wearing. ;) 

2 comments:

  1. I thought the shirts reminded me of Elly shirts when I looked at the photos! I won a contest for their vouchers and happen to be ex-colleagues with one of the bosses too. I think she mentioned you and we were thinking what a small world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a small world indeed. I love the prints that the elly shirts come in. all so cute!

    ReplyDelete