Tuesday, June 14, 2011

It's one of those days...

Daddy has been working really long hours the last 3 weeks...  working weekends, and coming home at really odd hours. This morning, he came home at about 6am, was going to shower, then head back to work. I offered to send him to work, like we did yesterday. Yesterday, we dropped Nathan off at school, then sent daddy to work, with Noah in tow. Everything worked out well, and we got to spend that little bit more time together. Today, daddy was running late, and we had to drop him off first, before dropping Nathan off at school. Maybe it was mommy's instincts... I kinda knew that it wasn't that good an idea.

When we arrived at daddy's work place, Nathan was so upset that daddy had to leave for work. He cried when we drove off after dropping daddy. Probably the worst of Nathan's cry that I've ever encountered. Even teddy wasn't of any comfort. He cried, cried, cried... until he vomited his breakfast... in his car seat... all over his school uniform. After a while, he did find comfort in teddy, like how he always does, and stopped crying for the rest of the journey. In fact, he fell asleep just as we were reaching home. Mommy decided that she had to drive us home, take a shower for Nathan, before sending him to school again. And cos the car seat was already dirty, I had to move Noah's infant seat to our other car, so that Nathan can sit in a clean car seat to school. Imagine having to do all these, with Noah in tow. As I was driving home after dropping Nathan, I was just thankful that the day isn't worse than it already is.

To add to my bad day, my office email wasn't working... People were chasing me for replies, and the helpdesk took over an hour to fix the problem.  And dismantling the car seat so that I can get it cleaned is actually quite a challenge. At this point in time, the seat covers and shoulder straps are clean after having gone in the washing machine. I've soaked the seat belts that cannot be removed, and now they are drying out. Have also surface cleaned the rest of the seat. The next challenge is fixing everything back. Yikes!

On such days... I'm just thankful that...
1) I have a very hardworking and loving hubby, who I get to send to work.
2) I have 2 adorable boys that I get to clean up after... and boys who love their daddy so much.
3) We have 2 cars.
4) I have a job.
5) The office helpdesk managed to fix my problem remotely, and I didn't have to bring Noah all the way to the office to get the problem fixed.
6) We own a washing machine.
7) My mom's coming over in a few minutes to share my burden.

No comments:

Post a Comment